Did you know that each year, as many as 100,000 - 300,000 Amercian children are at risk of being trafficked for commercial sex in the United States.
At Safe Haven Refuge you can do something by volunteering to:
- Our research team works together with local law enforcement and other established organizations to learn the locations of the suspected human trafficking sites.
- We meet every two weeks (typically Friday) to discuss where we are in the research and our next steps.
- We also assist in fundraising activities in order to provide the necessary budget for the rescue and restore teams.
- We also assist in gathering supplies and organizing those supplies for the restore team to give as "gifts" to the victims
- Commit to visit on a weekly basis (one weekend per month typically)
- Drivers must be male
- Take gifts and talk to the victims
- Carefully find out those who want out
- Update Safe Haven Refuge of those who desire to come out and the visit details
- Coordinate with Research team and local law enforcement as needed
- Must be certified LPC, LPC-I, LPC-S, LCDC, LSW to complete intake/initial assessment
- Provide Counseling: LPC, LPC-I, LPC-S, LSW, Certified Biblical Counselor
- Provide Discipleship: Trained Layperson
Other Contact information:
National Human Trafficking Resource Center: 1-888-373-7888